Project Manager, Roads
LOCATION: Whitby or Vaughan, Canada
NOTE: Job descriptions are subject to change at any time and may be routinely updated. The job description is intended to provide a general understanding of the nature and scope of the position. The employee may be called upon to perform duties not specifically included below.
As a Project Manager in Roads, you will be responsible for managing projects and environmental assessments related to new road and road reconstruction projects. Your primary focus will be on the planning, design and project management of municipal infrastructure projects such as; environmental assessments, design of new road and road reconstruction projects, and associated municipal infrastructure related to roads (storm, sanitary and watermain).
In addition to this, you will also be expected to maintain best practices when it relates to our Quality Control / Quality Assurance program at TMIG.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the planning and design of road related projects
- Manage the planning and design of water and wastewater projects
- Direct staff, and manage multi-discipline project teams
- Financial management of projects including meeting budgets, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing
- Participate in business development, maintain strong client relationships, identify and follow through on strategic opportunities
- Assist in developing proposals, budgets and schedules, and on-going business development and liaison with clients
- Apply (as needed) proven design experience including conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs
- Collaborate with Group Leaders/Managers and other Project Managers within the Group to identify staffing, and training requirements
- Guide design team to establish consistency and quality assurance processes in the production of all deliverables, and manage the quality control of all submission materials
- Collaborate with Group Leaders/Managers and other Project Managers within the Group to identify IT Requirements
- Participate in company-wide quality initiatives and improvements through quality objectives such as facilitating departmental level quality plans and procedures
- Business Development / Client Relationships / Industry Events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with municipal and land development clients
- Liaise with the various municipal/utility/approval agencies.
- Attend industry related conferences and events
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- 10+ years of experience in the areas of municipal infrastructure projects, road design experience is a must
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) designation from PEO
- Strong technical expertise with in-depth knowledge of industry best practices and standards
- Project management experience in managing diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities
- Strong written and spoken command of the English language
- Success in leading and motivating technical teams with a professional and results-driven approach
- Excellent organization, time management and negotiation skills
- Functional knowledge of business programs including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and related software
The Municipal Infrastructure Group., a T.Y. Lin International Company is committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.