Project Manager, Linear Projects
LOCATION: Vaughan, Canada
NOTE: Job descriptions are subject to change at any time and may be routinely updated. The job description is intended to provide a general understanding of the nature and scope of the position. The employee may be called upon to perform duties not specifically included below.
As a Project Manager with over 15 years of experience, you will be responsible for the design of new and/or reconstruction of linear water and wastewater projects (large diameter feedermains and sewers), as well as the preparation of servicing reports, cost estimates, work programs, project budgets, proposals and other administrative duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the design of public sector municipal servicing projects under the direction of one of our Principals.
- Actively participate in the design and provide direction to the design team throughout the design process
- Liaise with the various municipal/utility/approval agencies.
- Be responsible for project budgets, project schedules, and client communications.
- Mentor junior team members
- Expected to complete tasks accurately and efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) designation
- Minimum of 15 years of municipal infrastructure design for Public Sector projects in Southern Ontario
- Familiarity with local planning/approval process
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- PMP Certification is a preferred asset
- Large water main and/or sewer design experience for GTA Regional Municipalities
- Experience with Trenchless Technologies
- Regional Road and intersection design would be considered beneficial
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker with sound technical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, associates, and clients.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in fast paced, highly charged environment.
The Municipal Infrastructure Group., a T.Y. Lin International Company is committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.