Project Engineer, Roads
LOCATION: Vaughan or Whitby, Canada
NOTE: Job descriptions are subject to change at any time and may be routinely updated. The job description is intended to provide a general understanding of the nature and scope of the position. The employee may be called upon to perform duties not specifically included below.
As a Project Engineer/Designer in Roads, you will be responsible for designs related to road rehabilitation and road reconstruction projects. Your primary focus will be on the design of municipal infrastructure projects such as; environmental assessments, design of road widening and road reconstruction projects, and associated municipal infrastructure related to roads (storm, sanitary and watermain). Depending on experience, Project Engineers may take part in contract administration and construction supervision. You will also be expected to maintain best practices when it relates to our Quality Control / Quality Assurance program at TMIG.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a Project Engineer / Designer you will be expected to work at an intermediate level of engineering and coordination and assist the Project Managers as required
- Design public sector municipal servicing projects under the direction of one of our Project Managers.
- Assist in the design of new road and road reconstruction projects as well as assist with environmental assessments
- Coordinate the design with review/input from the various municipal/utility/approval agencies/stakeholders and obtain all necessary approvals.
- Liaising with clients, municipalities, and other agencies to secure approvals
- Provide assistance to the design team throughout the entire design process
- Mentor junior team members on the various facets of municipal infrastructure design
- Expected to complete tasks accurately and efficiently with minimum supervision
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) designation and/or CET designation.
- High quality of Civil design-related experience using AutoCAD and Civil3D.
- Ideally 5+ years’ of solid work experience in the area of Municipal projects in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Proven knowledge and experience with the approval process, including design guidelines and standards (Local and Provincial).
- Proven knowledge and experience with the design process, the EA process, and the ECA application process.
- Contract administration experience
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker with sound technical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, associates, and clients.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in fast paced, highly charged environment.
The Municipal Infrastructure Group., a T.Y. Lin International Company is committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.