T.Y. Lin International Canada is seeking a Bridge Engineer II (Intermediate Bridge Engineer – ACEC BC Classification E3) who is highly dependable with a strong work ethic to work in our office in Vancouver, B.C. producing design and structural details for bridge projects in accordance with Design Standards and Codes.
This successful candidate will be a registered Professional Engineer in the province of British Columbia, and have solid knowledge of engineering principles and codes, as well as experience with the design and detailing of bridge elements.
This successful candidate must have the ability to use computer software for design and detailing, and be responsible for assisting in design and plan development tasks, performing structural analysis and design of a variety of bridge structure types.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a collaborative work environment and be eager to learn from others, strongly value relationships and interaction with people, can maintain a balanced perspective with change and adapt when necessary, is an analytical thinker with above-average problem-solving skills. Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for the design of concrete and steel bridge structures and elements.
- Prepare engineering calculations, structural drawings, details, specifications and cost estimates.
- Work as part of a team to provide deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Review drawings and coordinate with clients (architects, other engineers, general contractors, etc.).
- Assist with work to perform quantity take-offs for development of engineering estimates.
- Assist in preparation of drawings, calculations and designs in accordance with company production and design standards, and follow Quality Assurance and Control procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of project data for schedules, assist in preparing schedules and budgets in order to monitor progress reports.
- Ability to provide quality control/quality assurance to ensure deliverables are high quality and on time.
- Ability to plan and schedule engineering work.
- Develop production work plans, schedules and budgets.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering required.
- Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering required.
- British Columbia P.Eng. License required.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience is required.
- Working knowledge of codes such as CAN/CSA S6, AASHTO, ACI, ASCE, etc.
- Capable of running analysis and design computer software.
- Requires knowledge of engineering principles and industry standards.
- Strong technical skills in structural analysis, including seismic analysis, and design of various types of bridge structures.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings required.
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and oral).
- Field experience is desired.
- Knowledge of meeting design schedules and budgets.
- Must possess communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building.
- Excellent organizational skills.
T.Y. Lin International Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by provincial or federal laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.