T.Y. Lin International Canada is looking for one (1) Bridge Engineer II who is highly dependable and with a strong work ethic who will be working in Montreal, Quebec, producing design and structural details for bridge projects in accordance with Design Standards and Codes (US and Canadian).
This successful candidate will be a registered Professional Engineer in the province of Quebec, Canada, and shall have solid engineering principles and code knowledge (e.g. CSA-S6, MTQ, etc.) and shall have experience with the design/detailing of bridge elements. This individual must also have the ability to use computer software for design and detailing and will be responsible for assisting design and plan development tasks and performing structural analysis and design of a variety of structure types.
The successful candidate will work in a collaborative work environment and be eager to learn from others, strongly value relationships and interaction with people, can maintain a balanced perspective about change and adapt when necessary, is an analytical thinker with above-average problem-solving skills, and has exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design concrete and steel bridge structures.
- Prepare engineering calculations, structural drawings, details, specifications and estimates.
- Work as part of a team to provide deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Review drawings and coordinate with clients (architects, other engineers, general contractors, etc.).
- Assist work such as to perform quantity take-offs for development of engineering estimate.
- Assist in assuring that drawings, calculations and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards, and follow Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedure.
- Assist in the preparation of project data for schedules, assist in preparing schedules and budgets in order to monitor progress reports.
- Ability to provide quality control/quality assurance to ensure deliverables are high quality and on-time.
- Ability to plan and schedule engineering work.
- Develop production work plans, schedules and budgets.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Quebec Engineer’s Permit (OIQ) required.
- Working knowledge of codes such as ASBI, PCI, AASHTO, ACI, ASCE, etc.
- Capable of running computer software.
- Successful completion of the ASP Health and Safety on Construction Sites.
- Bilingual (French/English). Must be able to read/write/speak fluently in both languages.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience is required.
- Requires knowledge of engineering principals and industry standards.
- Strong technical skills in structural analysis, including seismic analysis, and design of various types of bridge structures.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings required.
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and oral).
- Experience coordinating with multiple contractors and trades at one time in the field.
- Knowledge of meeting construction schedules and budgets.
- Must possess communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building.
- Excellent organizational skills.
T.Y. Lin International Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by provincial or federal laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.